Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Back to the Classroom

It's that time again!  Time to go back to the classroom and prepare for the incoming little ones.  School starts next week, so I decided it was time to go set up my room, make copies, and get organized.  Let's just say, after spending 5 hours at school, my classroom and I are not quite ready yet.

In my seven years of teaching I have taught in 3 schools, and called 5 classrooms home.  I've had years where I have had to pack up my entire classroom, just to move to the one next door!  I am glad that this year, I was able to not only stay at the same school, but in the same classroom as well.  I didn't even have to take posters down or pack up for summer cleaning!  Hmmm. . . why isn't my classroom ready after five hours?  Let's just say, I like to be really organized.  Matching labels need to be applied, centers need to be prepared, and copies need to be made.
 
In the meantime, I have a question for you.  Where do you conduct guided reading groups if you do not have a reading table?  Yes, you heard correctly, no reading table.  My student desks are bolted to the floor and the L shaped table that is in my room is connected to the wall!  This means if I choose to use the table, all of the kids in reading group will be facing the wall and I would have to stand or sit behind them :(  There is not room for another table in the classroom.

Take a little spin around my classroom and see for yourself (these pictures were taken at the end of last year, so it is a bit of a mess).





Last year I had the students sit in a circle on the carpet, but they are young and sometimes turn into little wiggle worms.  If you have any ideas, please let me know!

--Lauren

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment