Monday, August 5, 2013

Welcome to my world!

Toothless grins, snotty noses, untied shoelaces, fat pencils, miniature furniture.   .    .   Welcome to my world!  In case you couldn’t guess, I am a K/1 teacher.  I love my little learners, and we have tons of fun in our classroom!  I try to make learning fun, because then it doesn’t feel like work.  I mean, who wants to join the workforce at age 5?  In order to make it fun for all of us, I have to do a little prep work myself. 

With little learners, you have to be prepared, otherwise, you will constantly hear--“What can I do next?” This was the most frequently asked question from ALL of my students last year.  While I am overjoyed that they like to stay on task and are motivated to learn, I am usually collecting the papers from their little hands when the words come out of their mouths.  Therefore, planning second by second, with multiple time fillers in my back pocket, is an absolute necessity.

I am trying to get a jump on the school year by preparing items in advance.  So rather than take long walks and enjoy all that San Francisco has to offer.   .   .   

I am starting a blog and creating materials for the upcoming school year that begins in September.  I think my dog, Jack, would prefer the walks, so I will still have to squeeze a few of those in as well :)

If you are interested in seeing what kind of fun you can have in your classroom, please come back and visit.  I will share my materials as they are created so you can try them out in your classroom!

--Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment