Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Writing!

Today was all about writing (with a little reading and math thrown in of course)!  My students are becoming great writers!  They work extra hard when they are making something for someone else, like their parents, or SANTA!!!  We made something for all of those special people today!

First off, I had the kids make holiday cards for their parents.  I know when it comes to drawing, kindergartners often have a hard time making things look right.  In hopes of building their confidence, I drew some different holiday themed pictures on the board (ex: snowman, Christmas tree, Santa, reindeer, stockings, candy canes, etc.).  I think this really helped make their pictures better, because they had an example to copy from.  Take a look at some of these beauties!

  
They wrote nice messages inside as well.  I thought this one was particularly amusing.

"Dear Mom and Dad, I hope the Christmas tree doesn't fall down again.  I wish you a Merry Christmas."

Kids are so funny.  Her letter to Santa was entertaining.

"Dear Santa, I have been naughty a little bit, but I do not want to be on the naughty list."  She goes on to ask for various items, including a camping chair and a curling iron!  She is five!!


All of the other kids said they had been good this year, even though several of them are much naughtier than this little girl!!  At least she is honest!  I encouraged them to make a pattern around the outside of their paper to make it look extra festive for Santa.

Gifts for the parents are complete and the letters have been sent to Santa!  One more day to go!  Hopefully the Holiday Program and Secret Santa exchange go smoothly tomorrow!




No comments:

Post a Comment