Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Here come the Holidays!

Sorry that I have not written in a while.  I took a bit of a break over Thanksgiving to relax with my hubby and get some Christmas shopping done.  Now it is back to business for a week!

My school is only in session for the first week of December, so we have to go full swing into the holidays.  Only a week to make presents for parents and write letters to Santa!  I have my kiddos make gifts for their parents each year.  This year the kids were turned into snowmen!  I ordered these snowmen from Oriental Trading and had the kids put them together.


I snapped a photo of each of them to add as the face.  They made the cutest little snowmen :)

Teacher tip:  If you decide to get these snowmen or a magnet craft from Oriental Trading, you may want to glue the magnets to the back.  They come with adhesive already on them, but mine never seem to stick for long.  I had gingerbread men last year and I had to glue the magnets on as well.  I used Tacky Glue.

My boss also picked up some wooden ornaments from the store for them to paint.  Sorry, I forgot to take a picture of those.  Let's just say we are still working on our fine motor skills, so some of them turned out a little on the messy side.  I helped the kids wrap both items up and put a gift tag on them.  Tomorrow we are also going to make holiday cards to go with the gifts.

We did some reindeer writing this week as well.  After reading a holiday book involving reindeer, I gave the kids pieces to cut out to make a reindeer head.


After they glued them together, they opened up their little book and wrote all about reindeer.  They know quite a bit, so they were able to fill up the whole page!

That is it for tonight!  Come back tomorrow for Christmas cards and letters to Santa!!



No comments:

Post a Comment