Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Building Snowmen. . . from paper

There is no snow here in San Francisco, so we have to come up with other ways to make snowmen.  This one wasn't the most exciting method I have ever used, but it was sure a hit with the kiddos!  Snowmen, from a paper printable.

I found this super cute printable from Smarty Pants Fun and thought I would give it a whirl.  I copied it in black and white and had my kiddos color in the pieces they wanted.  They cut them out and put the snowman (or snow woman) together on a piece of white paper.  My classroom may have been quiet enough to hear a pin drop at that point in time!  They each wanted to make an amazing snowman, so they really took their time.

I saved their snowman and used them for a writing activity later in the week.  The kiddos had to write about how they put their snowman together.  I did a model on the whiteboard and had them help me decide what to write, then they were on their own.  They did a great job!  It is amazing how much they can write now!



No comments:

Post a Comment